Tuesday, July 21, 2009

China Trip

I know, I know, it's been a long time since we wrote anything. I guess that shows what a boring live we live. Oh, I remember now, we went on a trip to China. We have been back for six weeks and I think we are finally over jet lag. It was a great trip. There were so many changes since Bob was there three years ago. Construction is going on every where but we're not sure how well built things are. We saw two year old freeways made from concrete with no rebar that has now turned to gravel, with the heavy trucks driving on them. Here are a few pictures from the trip. For those that beg to see more, we have 560 more or for those who are not quite so desperate we have a 80 slide Power Point presentation.
Dinner at Shenzen
The Li River at Guilin, China

Tana and Bob at the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River


Tana and students at the Viking Primary School at Jingzhou, China



No diapers for toddlers




Terracotta Warriors at Xian, China





Bob and Tana at the Great Wall at Badaling, China






5 comments:

Ronda said...

Looks GREAT! Nate is stil so jealous he can TASTE it! Glad you were able to go..glad you went...but most glad that you are back!

three dogs and a logan couple said...

How fun! Looks like an amazing place to visit!

Emily and Russell Petty said...

I'll bet you guys had a great time!!

Sarah said...

It was fun to look through your 500 and something pics! I'm glad you were able to get away and have a great trip!

Shirley said...

Looks like fun! I showed the picture of that little boy and explained why he had a hole in his pants to Anabelle (my 3 year old). she didn't think that was a very good idea! :)
Shirley (Brent's daughter)