Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Lost is Found

Frances, Derek, Charla, Bia, Darin, Kari, Christine

This week I had the biggest surprise! I was checking out Facebook when I saw a friend request from someone named Bia Prado from Brazil. Could it be? Was it possible? Was this the same Bia Prado who was an exchange student in our home in 1976? It certainly was. As I looked through the pictures she had posted on Facebook it was fun to try to figure out which one was of her and it didn't take long to realize that she hadn't changed a bit, except for being a little older now. I also figured out her two children and her mother. It brought back a flood of memories of this shy young lady in a strange land with an even stranger family. When I posted the above picture to her on Facebook she responded that she was fat but I told her that it only looked like that because she was wearing so many layers of clothing in an effort to stay warm in our Idaho winter weather. That particular winter was almost without snow in the Burley, Idaho area but one evening it started to snow with huge soft snow flakes falling down. Bia ran out side and opened her mouth and stuck her tongue out so she could catch the snow flakes on her tongue. What a cute girl!

1 comment:

Bia Prado said...

How beautiful! My emotion was too great to find all my American family on Facebook! The year 1976 was great for me. The Hale family gave me so much love and was very important in my life. I really miss that time. Always tell many stories lived at home for my children, my family and my friends. I hope, in fact, find them very soon!
With much love, Bia
(Sorry for my english)